FFEF provides educational information to the general public on budgeting, personal finance, financial literacy, saving and spending practices, and the sound use of consumer credit, and assists individuals and families with financial problems by providing them with counseling, debt management services or a combination of both. The Foundation's courteous and experienced certified credit counselors are devoted to assisting clients resolve their financial difficulties by providing them the education, guidance and money management tools as well as the appropriate debt management service necessary to help clients become and continue to be financially successful.
We are fully committed to providing quality education, training, and services to consumers regarding critical money-management skills as a foundation for their making wise financial decisions that will culminate in becoming and living debt free. We are also dedicated to the continual improvement of the FFEF quality management system including employee training, education, and communication and to the realization of the highest standard of corporate excellence.
The mission of Family Financial Education Foundation (FFEF) is to strengthen and support low to moderate income individuals, families, and communities by teaching them how to apply sound money management skills by providing free customized financial education, counseling, debt management programs and other related services.
FFEF is a Wyoming non-profit 501(c)(3) organization (Internal Revenue Service Ruling dated July 31, 1997). The corporate office is housed in Evanston, Wyoming in a six-story professional building. FFEF's offices are on the third and fourth floors, and other offices include a bank, law offices, insurance agencies, counseling groups and other professional agencies.
We are proud to be a member of the Mountain States Better Business Bureau (our rating with the BBB is A+), the Association of Independent Consumer Credit Counseling Agencies (AICCCA), and the Association of Credit Counseling Professionals (ACCPRO). Through these associations, FFEF joins with other credit counseling agencies and counselors, debt management organizations, personal finance educators, consumer lawyers, and many others to help individuals and families realize their goals to become free of debt and create a brighter and more stable financial future.
Family Financial Education Foundation (FFEF) was one in a group of 65 consumer credit counseling agencies that were the first to be audited under a new initiative of the Internal Revenue Service. At this time, only 3 of these 65 agencies have been approved to retain their nonprofit tax-exempt status. We are proud to say that FFEF is one of those 3 agencies! On March 13, 2008, FFEF received a letter from the IRS stating that we continue to qualify as a 501(c)(3) and that the IRS accepted our return as filed. Dozens of other consumer credit counseling agencies continue to be audited by the IRS, and it will be some time before these audits are completed. To bypass the restrictions initiated by the IRS, many of these agencies have become "for profit," which means they will have fewer regulations and restrictions.
FFEF is rated by Dun and Bradstreet (#93-987-3576) and has a $1,000,000 fidelity bond and numerous state-required surety bonds totaling in excess of $1,500,000. FFEF adheres to the Industry Code of Practice established by industry trade associations, creditors, and regulatory government agencies and has a Quality Management System that complies and is certified to ISO 9001:2008, a recognized international standard for quality.
- Established: 1995
- Headquarters: Evanston, Wyoming
- Number of Full-time Employees: 65
- Web address: www.ffef.org and accesseducation.org
- An Internal Revenue Service Non-profit 501(c)(3) organization
- Member of the Better Business Bureau Rocky Mountain Division, Fort Collins, Colorado (http://www.fortcollins.bbb.org); telephone number: (800) 564-0371; rating: A+
- Member of the Association of Independent Consumer Credit Counseling Agencies (AICCCA) (www.aiccca.org)
- Member of the Association of Credit Counseling Professionals (ACCPRO).
- FFEF is BVC registered and ISO 9001:2008 certified. (http://bureauveritas.com/)
- Rated by Dun and Bradstreet (http://www.dnb.com/US/) D&B number: 93-987-3576
- Has $1,500,000+ in surety bonds and insurance required for licensing in various states, protecting both the client and the foundation
- Has a $1,000,000 Fidelity Bond, Policy Number 00 FA 0243052-07 executed by the Hartford Fire Insurance Company
- Federal Tax ID#: 83-0320495
- Audits are performed by Independent Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), State Regulators, Bureau Veritas Certification (BVC), and Creditors to ensure that our financial, policies, and practices are of the highest quality and within the standards dictated by the industry and/or regulators
*Information current as of 8/2011